Today, I did the Kotton Kandy downstairs floor, molding, and stone porch floor.
For the downstairs floor I tried something new. First, I measured out the grid for my planks right on the kit floor. I then took a little screwdriver with a pointed tip and went over my lines. It created a nice shadow line.
I painted the floor with a half black/half brown paint mix.
I added some highlights in the wood and a couple of coats of gloss.
I put the top molding and the finished ceiling up. Both were done with my hot glue technique. All I do is make draw a design and follow those lines with the hot glue. A few coats of paint and it looks just like tin!
This house reminds me more of a New Orleans house then a Gustavian! I might have to change my title for this one.
I still need to paint the bottom molding and glue it in place.
I applied the concrete porch floor. I used an artist spatula to spread a thin coat of concrete.
This is the stuff I use. You can get it at any home improvement store. The question I get most often is whether this makes the dollhouse too heavy. It doesn't. I use thin layers most of the times. But even when I carve out full size rocks the weight is not an issue at all.
After a little smoothing out, I use an old exacto knife to draw the stones.